Conditioning/Storage/Neutralizing and Pump Station
Building Number 1511

Building 1511 was a small, rectangular, flat-roofed structure located at the far eastern end of the district, behind Building 1512. It was listed as a conditioning building and a storehouse on building records, and was identified as a neutralizing and pump station in the district historic architectural survey. A door was located in the west bay of the north façade (front) of the building, and the adjacent east bay had a raised opening with a roll-up steel door (a loading dock). Windows were located in each bay of each of the other sides of the building. The east half of the building interior had an upper level, labeled as a "high pressure laboratory" on a 1976 electrical plan. It had exterior access via the loading dock door, and inside access via a set of metal steps and a door located just to the left of the building entryway. Steps also led down from the entryway into the semi-subterranean basement level, which extended the entire length of the building. A small stream flows through the district just east of the building, and the basement was filled with water prior to demolition.

Building Information

Year Built

1956

Fabric

Concrete foundation, glazed tile walls with concrete trim, build-up roof.

Size

One story with basement; 14’ x 20’

Alterations

None

Building No. 1511 Plan (click for zoomable image)

  • Building No. 1511 Plan
˚

Additional Building Photographs

Building No 1511
Building No. 1511