High Explosives Magazine
Building Number 1519/1520

These small square structures were magazines used to store items being tested in the high-altitude chambers. Records indicate that both were part of the original complex, though they are not typically shown on plans. They were sited in the woods well away from the test chambers for safety: Building 1519 stood 72' north of the front of the Chamber No. 1, and Building 1520 stood 80' to the northeast.

Building Information

Year Built

1956

Fabric

Building 1519: Concrete slab foundation, transite walls, corrugated asbestos roof Building 1520: Cinder-block foundation, plywood walls, corrugated asbestos roof

Size

10' x 10'

Alterations

None

Additional Building Photograph and Drawing

Building No. 1519/1520
  • Building 1517/1518 plan

    (click for zoomable image)