Propellant Preparation
Building Number 1521

Building 1521 was a salvaged ordnance shed placed in front of Chamber No. 1 in 1960 and used for preparing pyrotechnic components for testing.  It was a small, square, plywood structure with a shed roof, a door and two windows, and an electrical connection for lighting.

Building Information

Year Built

1960 [salvaged earlier structure]

Fabric

Railroad tie foundation, plywood walls, APS roof

Size

6’ x 6’

Alterations

None

Additional Building Photograph and Drawing

Building No. 1521
  • Building 1521 plan

    (click for zoomable image)